write with obd

General questions about TGFlash
turbodeny92

write with obd

Post by turbodeny92 »

Hello, please can you tell me if I can use your program to write and read directly on the car (bmw e90 lci 325d n57 204hp edc 17)with the OBD cable without removing the engine control unit?
So plug the obd into the car obd interface, turn on the ignition and you can write and read software on the engine control unit? before i have done it on e46 with mpps

and which programm i must buy when it work how i tell standard enough?

The problem is I don't dare to remove the control unit and plug in individual pins

and interface would then only have to be J2534 capable, right?

vectrac20tsri

Re: write with obd

Post by vectrac20tsri »

E series EDC17 is full OBD, but it is a virtual read so the software will ID the ECU and get you the matching file from the server and that one can be wrote no problem, If you already have a tune on the current ECU then you can not read this.

1. click ID
2. Click virtual read and save the file where ever you want
3. Mod the file you just saved.
4. Click ID then click write, select the Modded file from above

make sure good battery or power supply connected, Reading ECU on bench is not a big deal but you can't do this with TGFLASH, on the bench you can Bench read without opening and Boot read with opening the ECU lid but you need different tools for this option, Boot & Bench will give you the real read from ECU and not VR file.

I have personally tested E series EDC17 using TGFlash and tactrix openport 2.0.